Monday, December 3, 2007

Kingdom Centre


This building design is a finalist in an international contest. I don't think that it has actually been built bu there are some pictures of what it would look like in it's proposed location. It is to be located in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I think that it looks completely misplaced there. It is way way bigger than anything else in that area. It just seems to stick out like a sore thumb. There aren't even any other skyscrapers near it. I guess that cities have to start somewhere when wanting ot industrialize, but i don't think the need to start with this extreme of a building. But, taking the building out of its locational context, its definitely a cool modern building. It is really fun to look at. It reminds me of a boomerang or something. I think the idea and design of the building is really innovative and cool but I don't think that it is being built in the right place.

No comments: